Monday, November 21, 2011

NAIL FAIL: something something

Hi Everyone,

I've got a 'Nail Fail' for you today.

For those of you unfamiliar with this series:
     Nail Fails are posts that I publish with no particular regularity.  I only post updates to this series when I attempt to create a nail design which didn't remotely resemble my intended aesthetic, or for some other reason simply falls short of my expectations.  It certainly doesn't mean that it's necessarily an 'ugly' design.  But for some reason or other, I decided to ditch the tutorial and not post it to
     So instead, as my blog followers, you get to see the reality of my nail art trials and tribulations and the reality of my craft: not every design is a winner.  
I've done some designs that didn't quite work out and I've been lazy about posting them so here you go.  I'll be posting one each day for the next few days.

Here's another design that was inspired by a print on print & pattern.
I can't figure out what the heck to call this design, so as the title of this post says, it's something, something.  hahahaha.
     This one really did not turn out as intended.  I think the original design was really pretty but maybe just too busy for such a small canvas such as a finger nail.  Well, either that or I'm simply not skilled enough to pull it off.
     I like certain aspects of this design.  I like how the pink dots are layered over another pattern.  It give the design some complexity.  But the big yellow thing (I think it was supposed to be a sun) just looks kinda odd.  Maybe I'll try something in this style but with fewer layers of patterns and objects.  Here's hoping that endeavour turns out better than this one.  

Polishes used:
Gosh - Lambada
LA Colors Art Deco - Baby Pink
SpaRitual - Surreal
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Mellow Yellow

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment