Monday, April 12, 2010

NOTD: MPJ+HOLO

I recently did a handful of nail tutorials on nail tips.  I didn't do the tutorials on my own nails because I had just done my own nails with this look.
The base color is is OPI's My Private Jet.  LOVE this color.


Then I topped it off with a Silver Hologram Glitter from Coastal Scents that I mixed into a clear polish.  This Billie polish I got from my local dollar store.

I love this manicure.  I always get compliments on it because it absolutely glistens with a rainbow sparkle in direct light.  It appears much more of a flat silver in the shade (as seen in the photos - which were lit, but the glitter doesn't photograph easily :(

Are there any readers out there that make frankens a lot that can give me a quick tip?
I prefer to mix glitters with clear polishes but notice that they ALWAYS settle.  Any tips (other than adding the metal mixing balls) to prevent the glitter from settling??

Hope everyone's having a great start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment