Thursday, August 26, 2010

NOTD: Ruffian Winter 2010 NYFW Counterfeit

Hey All!

Here's my Nails Of The Day.

I've been meaning to do this since I got China Glaze's Passion a few months ago.

Here's my Counterfeit Nails of the moon manicure  - that's now ubiquitously being called the "Ruffian" manicure - with a matte black nail with shimmery gold "french" by the cuticle.
(For a refresher, check out All Lacquered Up's blog post on the manicure from New York Fashion Week)
So re-reading her post now makes it clear that they used a gold chrome base with CND's Inkwell, which is a really dark midnight blue.  But apparently I got it into my head that it was a matte black with gold base.
Hopefully it's close enough.  And, realistically, since this is what I imagined it was in my head all this time, it's pretty perfect still for me.  :)




The application of the black by the cuticle is a little rough on a couple nails - and definitely a smidge rougher on my dominant hand - but it's still pretty damn good :)

I'm happy!

Products used:
Barielle - Instant Liquid Nail Hardener (as a base coat)
China Glaze - Passion
Rimmel - Black Satin
Essie - Matte About You (top coat)

Current count
Nail Fails vs My Nails: 6 - 6

8 comments:

  1. Wow, really pretty! :D And nicely done too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty manicure! I love the contrast of the matte black with the shiny gold. It's very cool! Thank you so much for your great advice you gave me on my blog. I really appreciate it. I left you a comment in response too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! When I saw it done by Lacquerized, I tried it as well, but it didn't turn out as neat! Practice, practice, practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me likey!

    I think I will have to try this Red and black.

    But I like everything shiny so...you know, it will be shiny.

    kJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,

    Nice blog you got there! I love it :)
    I'm a new follower now! Maybe you can check out mine as well and maybe you can become a follower too?

    I love comments!
    http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete